Coronovirus – Response from Banbury Westend Tennis & Squash Club – 18th March 2020
UPDATE – 18th March
We have suspended all organised group activity, including all coaching, and league matches as a minimum unit Monday 23rd. This follows LTA and SRA actions and advice, and that we are unable to offer effective hand wash facilities without the ned to touch doors etc. We now have paper towels or air driers by all hands sinks.
Members can still book courts, and use them for arranged games as they wish.
Please follow the government advice on separation, and hand washing.
Coronovirus – Response from Banbury Westend Tennis & Squash Club – 15th March 2020
We are concerned as a priority for the safety of our members volunteers and contractors using the club. With the coronavirus spreading, we have reviewed various factors, and have the following update.
We are not a fully manned club, with staff on hand constantly to clean. So, our actions are dictated by our ability to respond within our means. It is up to every individual to follow government guidelines and take whatever precautions necessary. We hope that our members continue to seek the benefits of exercise and enjoy the club.
Our focus on reducing the number of hand-touch points, or reducing their risk, and ensuring hand wash facilities are in place. Some actions are immediate, and others will require some further investigation. Updates will be posted to this web page as they arise.
1. Hand Touch Points
For the time being, we are trying to reduce the places people have to touch to gain access to our main facilities – tennis and squash courts, as well as provide some reasonable cleaning regime to reduce infection risks.
– We have unlocked courts 1-4, and removed the padlocks. There is no need to visit the clubhouse, handle keys and padlocks to access courts 1-4. Please do not advertise this widely beyond the membership.
– Malcolm will sanitise key hand-touch points on a daily basis, including; Squash court main door handles, light card boxes, court door handles, club house handle, kitchen padlock, kitchen sink, toilet doors and handles, toilet seats and flush, toilet sinks.
– We have removed the shared towels from the toilets. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS FOR THE TIMEBEING. In due course, we are planning to source paper towel dispensers – hopefully by the weekend. Soap is provided.
– Malcolm has access to hand sanitiser in the kitchen for bar service, and all glasses are run through the dishwasher.
– Bins will be changed daily
Apart from that, the cleaning regime will remain in place as current.
2. Group activities. (Now Suspended – see above)
While most group activities are low risk, one which may give rise for concern is the shared tea after matches. While this is not at present anything the government or LTA has advised on, it is worth bearing in mind the concerns people may have over sharing food, or food utensils.
Please observe good hygiene rules, avoid personal contact where possible.